The Small Print...
- A referral does not place an obligation on Gateway Scotland to offer a holiday.
- Guests at the Lodge must abide by the Hunters Quay Holiday Village rules and these Gateway Scotland Lodge rules at all times.
- Due to the steep gradients, the Holiday Village is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with severe mobility difficulties.
- No care or treatment facilities can be provided within the Lodge.
- Guests are obliged to leave the Lodge in a clean and tidy condition, and are responsible for any damage done or loss sustained during their stay.
- - A cash deposit or pre-authorisation of a credit or debit card will be taken on check-in to cover damages and Energy Charges.
- - Use of the Lodge is available for up to seven nights. The Lodge is normally not available during the summer holiday period.
- Go-Active activities have limited places, are subject to varying age limits and are chargeable.
- Details of families will not be used for marketing purposes or passed to third parties, but will be retained by Gateway Scotland for confidential reporting to the Charity Regulator (OSCR) to verify Gateway Scotland’s charitable activities.
- All information received from applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence and will be destroyed after an appropriate period.
- Further information on Gateway Scotland and the Hunters Quay Holiday Village is available at: www.gateway-scotland.co.uk and www.argyllholidays.com.
- Gateway Scotland is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation, Charity Registration Number SC043002.
- Use of the Lodge is free although certain charges apply (such as the Holiday Village standard Energy Charge and Go-Active activity charges).
The Holiday Village's standard Energy Charge is £5.00/night from 1 May to 30 September and £7.50 from 1 October to 30 April).